Whether you’ve had your luxury car for many years or it’s a new purchase, you probably know the importance of regular maintenance. After all, a luxury vehicle is a big investment. You’ll want to take good care of it so you can continue showing it off (or just enjoying it for yourself) for many years to come.
While oil changes and regular washing and waxing are a given, you’ll want to pay special attention to the seasons changing. Why? Because the weather—and particularly when it’s really hot or really cold out—can all affect the look and condition of your car.
This is especially true if you’ve been leaving your car parked outside, exposed to the elements. It also still applies if you keep your car in your personal garage, which is just as much subject to changing temperatures. Fortunately, there’s a solution: climate-controlled luxury car storage. Keep reading as we explore this option and who it’s right for.
How Does Weather Affect Your Car?
First, let’s understand how changing temperatures can affect your vehicle.
Cold weather can affect your car in a variety of ways, including:
- Deflated tires – when air in the tires gets colder, it tends to contract and not retain as much pressure
- Battery issues – winter can be extremely hard to batteries if you’re only using your car for short (or fewer) trips
- Oil issues – oil thickens up when it’s cold, which makes it a bit harder for your engine’s oil pump to circulate it
- Wiper woes – cold temperatures can make the rubber on your wiper blades become brittle, leaving them susceptible to cracking and tearings
The summer heat can also take a toll, from shortening your battery’s life to a great chance of blowing out your tires if they’re not properly inflated (thanks to the hot pavement), as well as wreaking havoc on the exterior of your car.
We discussed some of these points in this article, but here’s a recap: when your vehicle is exposed to the sun, the UV rays can cause the molecular bonds in your car paint to break. This can lead to oxidation, premature fading and dulling, and eventual peeling.
Do I Need Climate-Controlled Storage for my Car?
Of course, you may not be driving your luxury car all the time, and that’s where the benefits of long-term car storage come into play.
If you’re looking for a quick, simple solution just to get your car out of your garage, any run-of-the-mill storage facility will likely work for you. But if you really love your car and want to ensure it continues to get the same TLC you’d provide for it, even when it’s in storage, a higher-end climate-controlled storage facility like the Vault is recommended.
Climate-controlled storage will protect your luxury car from humidity and extreme temperature changes that can damage the car, both inside and out. While it’s a more expensive option, the benefits are worth it if you truly care about your vehicle.
Reasons to Keep Your Car in Climate-Controlled Storage
Still not quite sure? Here are some more reasons to keep your car in climate-controlled storage.
- You’ll be protecting your investment. When you choose a top-rated climate-controlled facility, you’re not only protecting your car from the elements, but from all of the other risks you face leaving your car unattended (or even in your own garage). At the Vault, for example, we use state of the art security systems to ensure your car stays safe and sound, 24/7.
- You’ll get top-tier customer service. At the Vault, we know cars! And we’ll take care of yours, just as much as you would at home. We can also help with regular maintenance and detailing, using only the best products on your car. If you love your car, this should be one of your luxury car storage requirements.
- You’ll keep your car drive-ready: A reliable long-term car storage facility will ensure that your car is ready to drive whenever you need it. Whenever you need your car back, all you have to do is drive it out of the garage.
- Bonus: member events! Although protecting your vehicle is the most important consideration, a top-rated car storage facility like the Vault will offer extra perks for members, like a beautiful facility that you can book for your next event. for hosting an event. events space available to book. Our members use and enjoy our facilities for things like business meetings, weddings, and other large gatherings.
How Much Does it Cost to Keep a Car in Storage?
Finally, you might be wondering how much it costs to keep your car in climate-controlled storage. Prices will vary depending on where you are in the country, with most storage options averaging around $100 to $450 per month.
Here at the Vault, pricing depends on the specific vehicle, what type of access is needed, and the length of time in storage. We offer storage on a month to month basis. There are no long-term storage contracts and the vehicle can stay in storage as long (or short) as needed.
Let Us Protect Your Car
Need help finding the right luxury car storage option for you? We’ve got you covered. With our expansive 30,000 square feet of storage, same-day in & out privileges, and premium security, you’ll know your luxury car is safe and protected from the elements.
To learn more about luxury car storage in San Diego, call us at (619) 333-8898 or fill out our contact form! One of our luxury car storage professionals will be in touch.